The challenges caused by COVID-19 have undoubtedly altered the way every industry operates. The Marion business community is witnessing this firsthand in manufacturing facilities.
As businesses and organizations return to work throughout the summer, it’s essential that safety precautions are followed to ensure the health and safety of Marion’s workforce — and the broader community.
Ohio’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership, housed at Columbus State Community College, recently held a free webinar for manufacturing partners across the community. In conjunction with Marion Public Health, speakers shared best practices as employees return to work along with available resources businesses could utilize to navigate the new industry landscape.
Most notably of these best practices is the importance of providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees. In Marion County, companies are answering the call to provide these resources to local businesses — learn where you can purchase these critical items below.
- Carriage House Printing: Contact Shannon Frankhauser for more information.
- Contact costume specialist, Ed Emerson, at 614-285-4932 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ohio’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership at Columbus State Community College is taking orders through mid-May. Contact (614) 287-5000 to learn more.
- Lubrication Specialties, Inc: Contact Mindy Groves at 800-341-6516 or email@example.com.
- Contact Watershed Distillery’s Kit Meager via email or phone at 614-3571936.
- Call AMG Industries at 740-397-4044.
- Learn more by contacting Carl Graphics at 740-382-6583.
- Contact Folk Printers at 740-383-6326.
- Find what you are looking for at Laipply Printing by dialing 740-387-9282.
Sneeze Guards & Partitions
- Replex: Visit their website or call 740-397-5535 to learn more.
- Shamrock Plastics: Call 740-392-5555 or visit their website for more information.
In the event your manufacturing organization has extra PPE equipment, Ohio’s Manufacturing Alliance Marketplace is an additional online resource that allows for the selling or donating of masks, shields, etc. This collaboration between the Ohio Manufacturers Association, Ohio Hospital Association and Ohio Manufacturing Extension Partnerships is helping serve hospitals and first responders throughout the state.
No matter the circumstance, we’re in this together. For additional information or questions, feel free to contact our office at (740) 387-2267.